Nikon 10x42 Monarch 5 Waterproof Binoculars (42 mm, Black)
Nikon 10x42 Monarch 5 Waterproof Binoculars (42 mm, Black) is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases.
- EMI option available.
Delivery and Shipping
Delivery and Shipping
USUALLY SHIPS IN 24 HOURS
Pickup also available at PhotoVatika Head Office.
Usually ready in 4 hours.
Improving on their Monarch 3 design, Nikon's black 10x42 Monarch 5 Binocular benefits from upgrades to the glass and optical coatings to improve image quality with the same focus on comfort and performance the Monarch line is known for.
Featuring extra-low dispersion glass elements with anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics and highly reflective dielectric-coated and phase-corrected roof prisms, the Monarch 5 produces bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color rendition and minimal color fringing. Its powerful 10x magnification allows users to make detailed observation of distant subjects, while the generous field of view helps to minimize the appearance of hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics such as this. The 42mm objectives boost its light-gathering ability to improve views in challenging light such as during the pre-dawn and late evening hours or in foggy and cloudy weather. With the combination of glass, prisms, optical coatings, and a long eye relief, users can enjoy a comfortable and immersive observational experience in most lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make this binocular durable and comfortable to use. It has a lightweight and durable reinforced polycarbonate ATB chassis and is protected by rubberized armor that is accented with indented palm rests to give it a secure non-slip grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature variations and environmental conditions. A one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as the binocular hangs around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps are also tethered to keep them safe from being lost on the forest floor. This version of the Monarch 5 is offered here in subdued black, so it won't draw notice in the wild, at the stadium, or when sightseeing around town.
- Optical Performance
- Powerful 10x magnification allows for detailed observation of distant subjects
- 42mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability without adding excessive bulk or weight
- Roof prism light path ensures optical tubes remain thin for a compact form factor
- Extra low-dispersion glass reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast, improved color rendition, and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Phase-corrected prism coatings reduce internal interference to improve light transmission, contrast, and resolution
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission across the entire visible spectrum for accurate color rendition and improved contrast and clarity
- Highly reflective dielectric prism multi-layer coatings boost internal reflection to >99% to maintain image brightness and improve contrast and clarity
- 288' field of view at 1000 yards
- Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip center focus wheel allows for precise focus control, even while wearing gloves
- Right eye dioptric adjustment collar helps to compensate for individual eye prescription
- 56-72mm interpupillary distance range allows easy use by a wide variety of people
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use
- Long 18.4mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and improves viewing comfort
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil will cover pupils as they open in low light to keep the full scene in view
- Construction Details
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead or arsenic
- Lightweight and durable fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, preventing the expansion and contraction that is common with metal, which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time and prevent sharp focus
- Textured protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather
- Indents on the sides of the optical tubes are ergonomically placed where the hands naturally fall for a more comfortable feel in the hand and a more secure grip
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- Black coloring allows it to remain inconspicuous in all environments
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Tethered fold-down objective lens caps prevents losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 21 ounces
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.